The Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC) conducts examinations to recruit candidates for various posts offered by the state government. If you are interested in applying for the BSSC exam, it is crucial to understand the eligibility criteria set by the commission. Allsarkari-Naukri will provide a comprehensive overview of the BSSC eligibility criteria for 2023, including the age limit, educational qualification, and other important factors.
BSSC Eligibility Criteria
The BSSC eligibility criteria are laid out by the Bihar Staff Selection Commission in the official notification. It is essential to thoroughly review the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in the rejection of the candidature. The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific post for which the exam is conducted. Let’s delve into the various factors considered for BSSC eligibility.
To be eligible for the BSSC examination, candidates must be Indian nationals. Only Indian citizens can appear for the exam.
The age limit is an important aspect of BSSC eligibility. Candidates must fulfill the age criteria specified in the official notification. The age limits for different categories are as follows:
- Unreserved (Male): Minimum 21 years old, maximum 37 years old
- Unreserved (Female): Minimum 21 years old, maximum 40 years old
- Backward Classes (Male): Maximum 40 years old
- Backward Classes (Female): Maximum 40 years old
- Scheduled Tribes (Male and Female): Maximum 42 years old
- Scheduled Castes (Male and Female): Maximum 42 years old
- Ex-Servicemen: Maximum 42 years old
- Physically Handicapped (PH): Maximum 47 years old
Please note that candidates from reserved categories may be eligible for age relaxation. The specific age limits for each category are determined by the BSSC.
Candidates must possess the required educational qualifications to be eligible for the BSSC examination. The educational qualification criteria include:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- The degree should be in the field relevant to the position for which the candidate is applying.
It is important to thoroughly review the official notification to ensure you meet the educational qualification criteria before applying.
BSSC Application Process
Once you have confirmed that you meet the eligibility criteria, you can proceed with the BSSC application process. The application form is available on the official website of the Bihar Staff Selection Commission. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to fill out the BSSC application form:
- Go to the official website of BSSC.
- Look for the “Application Form” link on the homepage and click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to complete the registration process by clicking on the registration button.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration ID/number and password on your registered email ID or mobile number.
- Log in using the provided ID and password to access the application form.
- Fill in all the required information, including your name, date of birth, category, and other details.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as your date of birth certificate, 12th and 10th certificates, photograph, and signature.
- Once you have completed the form and uploaded the documents, proceed to pay the application fees.
- The application fees can be paid using various methods, including net banking, debit cards, and credit cards.
- After successfully submitting the payment, your application process is complete.
Please note that the application fees vary based on the candidate’s category. Here is a breakdown of the BSSC application fees:
|Candidate Category||Application Fee|
|SC (hailing from Bihar)||Rs. 150|
|ST (hailing from Bihar)||Rs. 150|
|Female Candidates (hailing from Bihar)||Rs. 150|