Are you ready to embark on a journey towards scientific excellence and research opportunities in India? The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has exciting news for you. CSIR has recently released a notification for the UGC-National Eligibility Test (NET) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LS)/Assistant Professor, set to be held in December 2023. If you’re enthusiastic about scientific research and meet the eligibility criteria, this article will guide you through the application process and other essential details.
Application Timeline and Important Dates
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity, let’s begin by highlighting the crucial dates for the CSIR UGC NET December 2023:
- Application Start Date: November 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2023 (until 05:00 PM)
- Fee Payment Deadline: November 30, 2023 (until 11:50 PM)
- Application Form Corrections: December 2, 2023, to December 4, 2023
- Examination Dates: December 26 to December 28, 2023
Please note that specific details such as the examination center, date, and shift will be mentioned on your admit card. Keep an eye on the official website for further announcements regarding the examination.
Before proceeding with your application, it’s essential to know the application fees:
- General Candidates: Rs. 1100/-
- General-EWS/OBC-Non Creamy Layer Candidates: Rs. 550/-
- SC/ST/Third Gender Candidates: Rs. 275/-
- PWD Candidates: Nil
You can conveniently make your payment through Debit/Credit Card, UPI, or Internet Banking via any of the SBI/ICICI payment gateways.
Understanding the eligibility criteria is pivotal to ensure a smooth application process. The essential requirements are as follows:
For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF):
- Maximum Age: 28 years
For Lectureship (LS)/Assistant Professorship:
- No upper age limit
- Candidates should possess an M.Sc. or an equivalent degree, Integrated BS-MS, BS-4 years, BE, B. Tech, B. Pharma, or MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR)/General-EWS and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) or equivalent degree holders, or students enrolled in an Integrated MS-PhD program, should have at least 55% (without rounding off) marks for General (UR)/General-EWS; 50% (without rounding off) Scoring for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST, Third gender, and PwD candidates.
B.E./B.S./B.Tech./B.Pharma/MBBS final year/result awaited candidates are eligible for fellowship only and not for Lectureship/Assistant Professorship. B.Sc Final year (Hons.) students or those waiting for results can’t apply.
See official notification for details.
How to Apply
Ready for your scientific career’s next step? Here’s how to apply for the CSIR UGC NET December 2023:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Complete the application form with necessary details.
- Pay the applicable fee through your preferred payment mode (Debit/Credit Card, UPI, or Internet Banking).
- Review your application for accuracy.
- Submit the application.
To access the application portal and the official notification, use the following links:
- Apply Online – Begin your application.
- Notification – Read the official notification.
- Official Website – To explore more about CSIR and the UGC NET December 2023.
Don’t miss the chance to advance your scientific career. The CSIR UGC NET December 2023 is your gateway to a future filled with research, knowledge, and endless possibilities. Get started on your application today and take the first step toward a brighter scientific future.