In an effort to uplift and empower girls in India, various government initiatives have been launched at both the central and state levels. One such popular scheme is the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, implemented by the government of Madhya Pradesh. This scheme has gained significant popularity as it provides financial assistance to girls from their birth to their education and even beyond. We will explore the benefits of the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana and delve into the registration process.
Ladli Lakshmi Yojana: A Dream Scheme
The Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, an ambitious scheme by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, aims to provide financial assistance for girls’ education and marriage. Since its inception, the scheme has been effectively working towards its goal. It not only supports basic education but also extends assistance for higher education, including fields like law, engineering, and medicine. Furthermore, if a girl reaches the age of 21 and remains unmarried, the state government provides a lump sum amount of INR 1 lakh.
A Journey Since 2007
The Ladli Lakshmi Yojana was launched on April 1, 2007, by CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan. The primary objective of the scheme was to bring about a change in societal mindset concerning the birth of girls, reduce child marriages, and promote responsibility for a girl’s education after her birth. Over the course of 16 years, the scheme has undergone several positive changes. The government has taken the responsibility of girls’ higher education under the scheme, providing INR 25,000 in two installments.
Over 45 Million Registrations
To date, approximately 45,16,631 girls have been registered under the MP Ladli Lakshmi Yojana. Additionally, according to a report, more than 13 lakh girls have received scholarships totaling INR 384.31 crore. Under this scheme, the government purchases a National Savings Certificate worth INR 6000 in the name of the girl child. Furthermore, upon reaching the sixth grade, the girl receives INR 2000, INR 4000 for the ninth grade, INR 6000 for admission into the eleventh grade, and another INR 6000 for the twelfth grade.
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
To apply for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, certain eligibility criteria and requirements must be met:
1. The girl must be born on or after January 1, 2006.
2. She must be registered at a local anganwadi center.
3. The applicant’s family should not be income tax payers.
4. The girl must be a resident of Madhya Pradesh and unmarried until the age of 18.
5. The scheme also provides assistance for adopted girls, requiring a certificate as proof.
Essential Documents for Application
The following documents are necessary for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana application:
- Aadhaar Card
2. Birth Certificate of the girl child
3. Identity proof of parents
4. Bank account passbook
5. Proof of original residence
6. Ration card
7. Mobile number
8. Passport-sized photographs
To apply for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the scheme at https://ladlilaxmi.mp.gov.in/
2. Click on the “Apply Now” option on the homepage. A new page will open with instructions. Read them carefully and proceed.
3. On the next page, fill in the girl’s ID, family ID, and other required details. Click on “Proceed” to continue.
4. The application form will appear, where you need to fill in all the requested information and submit it.
5. After submission, the main application form for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana will be displayed on your screen.
6. Complete the form by providing all the necessary information and uploading the required documents.
7. Click on the submit button. You will receive a registration number on your registered mobile number.
8. Utilize this registration number to easily track the status of your application.
Reasons for Application Rejection
When applying for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, ensure that all the provided information is accurate and correct. Any incorrect details will result in the rejection of the application. Additionally, the scheme is canceled in the event of the girl’s death. Similarly, if the girl gets married, the application is also canceled.