The Madhya Pradesh Government has announced the Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana 2023, aimed at providing free and cashless medical assistance to families holding BPL cards, with a maximum aid of up to Rs. 2 lakh per person. To avail the benefits of this scheme, eligible individuals can fill the application form, download the rate list, and access the list of approved hospitals. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information, including the objectives, eligibility criteria, approved rate list, and the application process for the State Illness Assistance Fund (SIAF).
Objective of State Illness Assistance Fund in Madhya Pradesh
The State Illness Assistance Fund has been established to provide financial aid to below poverty line cases that require major surgical procedures both within and outside the state. The primary objective is to save the lives of individuals living below the poverty line who are suffering from 13 major diseases that necessitate surgery and treatment. The fund, amounting to Rs. 10 crores, has been deposited in a Nationalized Bank.
Scheme and List of Diseases for which SIAF assistance is provided
Under this scheme, grants are provided to below poverty line cases afflicted with serious illnesses that require surgical or medical interventions. The grants, ranging from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 2,00,000, are sanctioned by the committee or the Chairman of The SIAF Honb’le Minister of Health & FW in emergency situations. The assistance is limited to one member of the family and can only be availed once within the Rs. 2,00,000 limit. The grant is permissible for recognized hospitals within and outside the state, with specific provisions for cancer cases treated at JLN Cancer Hospital Bhopal.
Approved Rate List for MP Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana
All families possessing BPL cards are entitled to free medical treatment in government hospitals. This scheme ensures that the underprivileged individuals who cannot afford expensive treatments in private hospitals can access quality healthcare. To check the approved rate list for Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana (State Illness Assistance Fund), visit this link.
Financial Assistance under State Illness Assistance Fund
The State Illness Assistance Fund covers 20 dangerous diseases that require surgical treatments for individuals below the poverty line. The government provides financial support ranging from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 2 lakh for medical treatment. The SIAF assistance amount is directly provided to the Hospital/Institution where the approved case (patient) is referred. A total of Rs. 10 crore has been allocated for this scheme through Nationalized Banks.
MP Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana Apply Procedure
To apply for the Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana, interested and eligible candidates can obtain the application form from the official website www.health.mp.gov.in or the following locations:
- Office of the District Collector
- Office of District Chief Medical and Health Officer
- Office of the District Civil Surgeon
- District Hospital
Applicants need to submit the duly filled application form to the Collector of the District in the name of Director Public Health & Family Welfare. The Collector/Sub Divisional Magistrate will provide a certificate of below poverty line & residential certificate and forward it to the Civil Surgeon for disease certification. An estimate from the recognized institution (Economy class) must be attached to receive the grant. The application is then forwarded to the Secretary, State Illness Assistance Fund. A Sub-committee examines the application, and the final sanction is given by the management chaired by the Honorable Minister, Public Health & Family Welfare.
Download MP Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana Application Form PDF
To download the application form for the Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana, follow these steps:
- Visit the official link https://health.mp.gov.in/en/state-illness-assistance-fund
- Click the “Application Format in Hindi with details” link on the homepage or directly access this link
- Click the “Click Here to download document for more info” link or access this link
- The “MP Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana Application Form” will appear; download it, enter all necessary details, and submit it to the concerned department to complete the application process.
- Optionally, candidates can take a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
- The application form is also available at the Office of District Collector, Office of the District Chief Medical and Health Officer, Office of the District Civil Surgeon, and District hospital.
Status of MP State Illness Assistance Fund Scheme Application
- Approved Case: An order will be issued, intimating the patient/Collector/Civil Surgeon, and a medical treatment cheque will be directly sent to the concerned Hospital/Institution. The patient can avail of the treatment free of cost.
- Evaluation of the Case: If necessary, the case may be referred to the medical college for evaluation and reassessment of the expenditure. The case will then be reprocessed by the SIF office.
- Disallowed/Rejected Case: Cases that do not meet the norms/category will be rejected.
To be eligible for free treatment under the State Illness Assistance Fund Scheme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
a) The candidate must be a permanent resident of MP.
b) The candidate must belong to a BPL Poverty Line Family.
c) The disease from which the applicant is suffering should be one of the 20 listed diseases covered by the scheme.
d) The candidate must not have been previously covered under any other state or central government scheme.
Committee for State Illness Assistance Fund
The State level committee, registered under Madhya Pradesh societies Act 1973, is responsible for overseeing the State Illness Assistance Fund. The committee comprises:
- Chairman: Honorable Minister of Health & FW
- Member Secretary: Director Public Health & FW, M.P.
- Other Members: Principal Secretary Health & FW, Principal Secretary Finance, Director Medical Services, Director Medical Education, Two nominated Honorable MLAs, and Two reputed medical experts.
As of 31st December 2012, a total of 12042 seriously ill patients have received grants for surgical and medical treatment of the above-mentioned diseases within the state and in big institutions outside the state.
MP SIAF Beneficiaries List To access the Gazette Notification related to the MP SIAF Beneficiaries List, you can download it from the official website of the Madhya Pradesh Health Department using this link: https://health.mp.gov.in/en/node/3945
RBSNY Hospitals List Candidates can find the comprehensive list of hospitals in Madhya Pradesh approved under the Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana (RBSNY) by visiting this link: http://www.health.mp.gov.in/sites/default/files/2019-03/SIAF-Approved-hosp-2019_0.pdf
Moreover, for those seeking hospitals outside the state of Madhya Pradesh, they can refer to the following link: http://health.mp.gov.in/sites/default/files/sif-out-state-2016.pdf
The Rajya Bimari Sahayata Nidhi Yojana is a free health treatment scheme aimed at providing assistance to Below Poverty Line (BPL) candidates who are unable to afford costly medical treatments.
For more information and further details about the State Illness Assistance Fund, you can click on the link: https://health.mp.gov.in/en/state-illness-assistance-fund