Get up to 50% subsidy on purchase of electric vehicles such as e-bikes, e-scooters by applying online at glwb.gujarat.gov.in portal, filling Go Green Yojana registration / application form and making login at gogreenglwb.gujarat.gov.in.
The Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme 2023 or Go Green Yojana has been launched to provide subsidies on electric scooters, e-bikes and other e-vehicles to workers in both the organized and unorganized sectors. With the inauguration of this scheme by Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on 25th October 2021, it encourages individuals to use eco-friendly vehicles in order to combat air pollution. To go along with this, the state government has also planned for a Three Wheeler Subsidy Scheme 2023, wherein subsidy will be given on electric rickshaws.
Gujarat Go Green Yojana 2023 for Labourers – what is it?
CM Bhupendra Patel launched the Gujarat Go Green Yojana on 25 October 2021 to provide electric two-wheelers at subsidized rates to construction and industrial workers. At a function held at Mahatma Mandir, the CM unveiled the Go Green scheme and its portal and encouraged workers to take advantage of the Electric Two Wheeler Scheme, which aim is to reduce fuel bills and pollution.
Registration / Login for Go Green Yojana
To register and login to Gujarat Go Green Yojana, follow these steps:-
- The first step is to visit the official website at https://glwb.gujarat.gov.in/go-green-scheme.htm.
- On the homepage, click the “Click Here for Application” link or directly go to https://gogreenglwb.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Then the Portal Login page will open. All existing users will go to enter their user ID and password. New users can go to click the “Register Here!” link:
- After clicking the link, the Go Green Yojana online registration form will appear.
- Enter your full name, aadhar card number, gender, birthdate, mobile number, email ID, password, and user type, then click “Register” to complete the Go Green Yojana registration process.
Amount for organized and unorganized workers under the Gujarat Go Green Scheme
- A worker of the organized sector, such as an industrial laborer, would receive a subsidy of 30% on the vehicle’s price or Rs. 30,000 (whichever is less).
- Construction workers will receive 50% subsidy or Rs. 30,000 (whichever is less) on the purchase of battery-powered 2 wheelers under Go Green Scheme.
- Both categories of e-vehicles would be eligible for a one-time subsidy on registration and road tax.
1st Gujarat Electric Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme
In the 1st part of Gujarat Electric Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme, the state government aims to provide such battery-powered two-wheelers to around 1,000 construction workers and 2,000 organized sector workers. The Gujarat Electric Two Wheeler Scheme is open to only vehicles that have been approved by the government and that can travel a distance of 50 kilometers on a single charge.
Through the Go Green Yojana portal launched earlier today, eligible workers can select and book electric two-wheelers by uploading required documents online and can take delivery from a dealer after their application is approved.
Gujarat Subsidy Portal for Electric Vehicles
- Go Green Scheme details can be found at https://glwb.gujarat.gov.in/go-green-scheme.htm
- Please contact the Helpline number 155372 for more information.
(Earlier Update) Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme for Students
On 17 September 2020 the Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme for students was announced by former CM Vijay Rupani. It had the following important features :
- Gujarat State Government will provide a subsidy of Rs. 12,000 to each student who buy the electric scooters.
- In the Gujarat Two Wheeler Scheme, assistance is provided to students from class 9 to college.
- The subsidy amount will only be given for battery-powered e-scooters.
- Under the 2 Wheeler Scheme, around 10,000 electric vehicles will be provided.
Subsidy on e-rickshaws under the Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme
Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme had the following important features:
- Each candidate will receive a subsidy of Rs. 48,000 from the Gujarat state government to purchase an electric rickshaw.
- Gujarat Three Wheeler Scheme assistance to individuals and institutions.
- Only battery-powered e-rickshaws will be eligible for the subsidy.
- 3 Wheeler Scheme will provide around 5,000 such electric vehicles.
Establishment of infrastructure facilities for charging battery-powered vehicles under a subsidy scheme
Depending on the responses of applicants, both Gujarat Two Wheeler and Gujarat Three Wheeler Schemes will move forward. In addition, the Gujarat government will start a subsidy scheme of Rs. 5 lakhs for setting up infrastructure facilities for charging battery-powered vehicles in the state. Total installed capacity of 35,500 MW in Gujarat. Gujarat’s renewable energy contribution to total installed capacity is 30%, which is higher than the national average of 23%.
Through the use of space technology and geo-informatics, the Climate Change department has also signed virtual memorandums of understanding with 10 organisations.